REASONS TO EAT IT
- Snow peas are a heart-healthy food
- Snow peas contain no fat or salt which can be bad for the heart
- Snow peas help prevent angina and heart attacks
- Snow peas are highly nutritious and recommended for irritability, depression and other functional disorders
- Snow peas are very suitable for pregnant women.
Some snow pea varieties have a different texture and flavour but most of them are quite similar to each other.
We sell our snow peas in 2 kilo boxes.
|values per 100 gr|
|Vitamin C||40 mg|
Snow peas are rich in protein and carbohydrates. They have a high fibre content, calcium, iron and vitamin C.
ORIGIN AND CHARACTERISTICS
Snow peas are native to the Mediterranean area, although they have been grown in Latin America for some time.
Their distinguishing feature is the tender edible pod, which is green, smooth, shiny and flat. The pods are 4 to 8 cm. long and contain several very small peas. Snow peas can be eaten whole, both peas and pods.
The flavour is exquisite, sweet and crunchy.
STORAGE AND CONSUMPTION RECOMMENDATIONS
Keep snow peas in the refrigerator. To be eaten whole.
Snow peas are usually an ingredient in mixed vegetables and other dishes.HIDE FACTSHEET