García Mateo & Sinova are pioneers in the distribution in the USA and Europe of these mandarins, grown in Spain and South America.
REASONS TO EAT IT
- Mandarins have a high fibre content, which is good for the digestion
- Mandarins are highly recommended for colds, flu and sore throats
- Mandarins are rich in vitamin C, important for forming bones, teeth and red blood corpuscles
- Mandarins contain vitamin A, essential for good eyesight and healthy skin, hair, mucous membranes and bones
- Mandarins help prevent cancer.
The main varieties of mandarin are: Satsuma, Clementine, Ortanique, Clausulita, Fortune, Hernandina, Okitsu, Nadorcot and Tango.
We sell our mandarins in 10 kilo boxes.
We bring our mandarins to market under the brand: Tucano.
|values per 100 gr|
|Vitamin C||30,8 mg.|
High fibre content, favouring a healthy digestive system.
They contain particularly large amounts of vitamin C, folic acid and provitamin A, more than any other citrus fruit. They are also rich in citric acid, potassium and magnesium.
Vitamin C is important for forming collagen, bones, teeth and red blood corpuscles, and increases resistance to infection. Vitamin A is essential for good eyesight, hair, mucous membranes, bones and healthy skin.
ORIGIN AND CHARACTERISTICS
Mandarins have been grown in China for thousands of years. From there, they spread to much of South-East Asia, southern Europe, North Africa and North America.
This Citrus Nobilis cross mandarin is widely known and appreciated for its flavour and its nutritional value. It is spherical in shape, with a slightly flat base depending on the variety, and a bright orange, smooth and shiny skin.
STORAGE AND CONSUMPTION RECOMMENDATIONS
Keeps well in the refrigerator. Simply peel and eat.
Tucano mandarins are seedless and easy to peel.